Subject: Re: iwlwifi warnings in 5.5-rc1

From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 15:55:14 +0100

Johannes Berg <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, 2019-12-11 at 15:09 +0100, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
>> 
>> If we're doing this on a per-driver basis, let's make it a proper
>> NL80211_EXT_FEATURE and expose it to userspace; that way users can at
>> least discover if it's supported on their device. I can send a patch
>> adding that...
>
> Sure. Just didn't get to that yet, but if you want to send a patch
> that's very welcome. I have to run out now, will be back in the evening
> at most.

Patch here (for those not following linux-wireless):
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/?series=215107

>> Maybe we should untangle this from airtime_flags completely, since if we
>> just use the flags people could conceivably end up disabling it by
>> mistake, couldn't they?
>
> Yes, that sounds like a good plan, now I was wondering why it's there
> anyway.

Convenience, I think :)

-Toke