Subject: Re: [Bugme-new] [Bug 10682] New: (net 8139too) dual ethernet system, any reasonable network causes: NETDEV WATCHDOG: ethN: transmit timed out

From: "Bradley M. Kuhn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 22:05:02 -0400

I wrote:
>> I reported this bug:
>> > > http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10682
>> > >            Summary: (net 8139too) dual ethernet system, any reasonable
>> > >                     network causes: NETDEV WATCHDOG: ethN: transmit timed
>> > >                     out
>> > >      KernelVersion: 2.6.25.3

>> Andrew Morton replied:
> I think [trying] an early 2.6 would be a good place to start -
> 2.6.5. 2.6.9, etc.

I had trouble getting 2.6.5 onto the machine with the distribution it
had.  I have installed a different distribution, and now have 2.6.15
running, and it produces the same error.

So, we know the bug was present in 2.6.15.

Now that I have an older distribution, I should be able to try 2.6.5 and
2.6.9 shortly.  Do you expect it will produce substantially different
results from 2.6.15?

> If that doesn't help then we can probably safely assume that it's
> always been busted.  If that kernel works OK then we can drill in more
> cloesly, if you're so inclined (which we hope you are ;))

I'm absolutely inclinded to do so.  What can I do to get you more
information, other than the above?
-- 

   -- bkuhn