Subject: Re: [PATCH net 1/2] net: switchdev: Add helper to check if an object event is pending

From: Tobias Waldekranz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2024 14:31:50 +0100

On ons, jan 31, 2024 at 13:50, Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Wed, Jan 31, 2024 at 01:35:43PM CET, [email-masked] wrote:
>>When adding/removing a port to/from a bridge, the port must be brought
>>up to speed with the current state of the bridge. This is done by
>>replaying all relevant events, directly to the port in question.
>
> Could you please use the imperative mood in your patch descriptions?
> That way, it is much easier to understand what is the current state of
> things and what you are actually changing.
>
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v6.7/process/submitting-patches.html#describe-your-changes
>
> While at it, could you also fix your cover letter so the reader can
> actually tell what's the current state and what the patchset is doing?

Sure thing. Do you feel that this is enough of an issue that it blocks
you from doing a review of v1, or can I wait for more feedback and bake
it in with other changes?