Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 4/5] PTP: Add flag for non-periodic output

From: Felipe Balbi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 10:05:34 +0300

Hi,

Richard Cochran <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 10:48:21AM -0700, Richard Cochran wrote:
>> > +		if (copy_from_user(&req.extts, (void __user *)arg,
>> > +				   sizeof(req.extts))) {
>> > +			err = -EFAULT;
>> > +			break;
>> > +		}
>> > +		if (req.extts.flags || req.extts.rsv[0]
>> > +				|| req.extts.rsv[1]) {
>> > +			err = -EINVAL;
>> 
>> Since the code is mostly the same as in the PTP_EXTTS_REQUEST case,
>> maybe just double up the case statements (like in the other) and add
>> an extra test for (cmd == PTP_EXTTS_REQUEST2) for this if-block.
>
> Thinking about the drivers, in the case of the legacy ioctls, let's
> also be sure to clear the flags and reserved fields before passing
> them to the drivers.

makes sense to me. I'll update per your requests and send only this
patch officially. Thanks for the pointers.

-- 
balbi