Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 0/5] PTP: add support for Intel's TGPIO controller

From: Felipe Balbi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 09:52:55 +0300

Hi,

Richard Cochran <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 10:20:33AM +0300, Felipe Balbi wrote:
>> TGPIO is a new IP which allows for time synchronization between systems
>> without any other means of synchronization such as PTP or NTP. The
>> driver is implemented as part of the PTP framework since its features
>> covered most of what this controller can do.
>
> Can you provide some background on this new HW?  Is the interface
> copper wires between chips?  Or is it perhaps coax between hosts?

It's just a pin, like a GPIO. So it would be a PCB trace, flat flex,
copper wire... Anything, really.

I think most of the usecases will involve devices somehow on the same
PCB, so a trace or flat flex would be more common. Perhaps Chris has a
better idea in mind? :-)

-- 
balbi