Subject: Re: [PATCH V2 for 3.19 0/7] Fixes for rtl8192ee

From: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 22:24:10 +0200

Larry Finger <[email-masked]> writes:

> It is too bad that it took so long to get these ready. I think the
> reason that there are not a lot of bug reports is because the
> complaints are all in the GitHub issues for the rtlwifi_new repo, or
> with Ubuntu. If there are any that get filed against Bugzilla, I will
> refer them to that repo.

Ok.

> Driver rtl8192ee was new in 3.18. There had been a previous version in
> staging, but it did not get a lot of usage. I'm not sure if the
> additional usage after 3.18 was due to the driver being in the regular
> tree, or if vendors started using the chips, but the problem reports
> started arriving. All these bugs have been part of rtl8192ee since it
> has been in the kernel, thus they are hard to categorize as
> regressions.

Good. So we are not going backwards in quality, that's most important.

> Push all 7 into -next so that they will be in 3.20. If you think it to
> be prudent, please leave the Cc for stable. That way 3.18 and 3.19
> will eventually get the fixes.

I think that's the best plan, thanks for understanding. The patches are
in my queue and I should apply them within the next few days, unless
anything comes during the review.

-- 
Kalle Valo