Subject: [PATCH 0/9] netpoll: Cleanup received packet processing

From: [email-masked] (Eric W. Biederman)
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 18:30:14 -0700

This is the long-winded, careful, and polite version of removing the netpoll
receive packet processing.

First I untangle the code in small steps.  Then I modify the code to not
force reception and dropping of packets when we are transmiting a packet
with netpoll.  Finally I move all of the packet reception under
CONFIG_NETPOLL_TRAP and delete CONFIG_NETPOLL_TRAP.

If someone wants to do a stable backport it would take backporting
the first 18 patches that handle the budget == 0 in the networking
drivers, and the first 5 of these patches.

If anyone wants to resurrect netpoll packet reception someday it should
just be a matter of reverting the last patch.

Eric W. Biederman (9):
      netpoll: Pass budget into poll_napi
      netpoll: Visit all napi handlers in poll_napi
      netpoll: Warn if more packets are processed than are budgeted
      netpoll: Add netpoll_rx_processing
      netpoll: Don't drop all received packets.
      netpoll: Move netpoll_trap under CONFIG_NETPOLL_TRAP
      netpoll: Consolidate neigh_tx processing in service_neigh_queue
      netpoll: Move all receive processing under CONFIG_NETPOLL_TRAP
      netpoll: Remove dead packet receive code (CONFIG_NETPOLL_TRAP)

 drivers/net/Kconfig       |    5 -
 include/linux/netdevice.h |   17 --
 include/linux/netpoll.h   |   61 ------
 net/core/dev.c            |   11 +-
 net/core/netpoll.c        |  488 +--------------------------------------------
 5 files changed, 5 insertions(+), 577 deletions(-)

Eric