Subject: Re: [PATCHSET] sysfs: disentangle kobject namespace handling from sysfs

From: [email-masked] (Eric W. Biederman)
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 20:38:32 -0700

Greg KH <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 10:29:02PM -0400, Tejun Heo wrote:
>> Hello,
>> 
>> I'll send out multiple patchsets to separate out sysfs from driver
>> core and kobject.  The eventual goal is making sysfs modular enough so
>> that cgroup can replace its nightmarish cgroupfs implementation which
>> repeated and worsened all the past mistakes of sysfs.  This patchset
>> is first of the effort and separates out kobject namespace handling
>> from sysfs.
>> 
>> I never really understood why namespace support was added the way it
>> was added.
>
> I just took the patches and didn't ask questions :)

Greg you don't get to play dumb you asked questions and required most of
the current strucuture of the code.

The code is convoluted by your request.

Eric