Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 01/11] x86/tsc: Add base clock properties in clocksource structure

From: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 23:20:44 +0200

On Wed, Apr 10 2024 at 17:18, [email-masked] wrote:
> From: Lakshmi Sowjanya D <[email-masked]>
>
> Add base clock hardware abstraction in clocksource structure.
>
> Add clocksource ID for x86 ART(Always Running Timer). The newly added
> clocksource ID and conversion parameters are used to convert time in a
> clocksource domain to base clock and vice versa.
>
> Convert the base clock to the system clock using convert_base_to_cs() in
> get_device_system_crosststamp().

In https://lore.kernel.org/all/875xxhi1ty.ffs@tglx I asked you to
provide a change log which explains the WHY and not the WHAT. The new
change log still fails to explain WHY this change is needed and which
problem it is trying to solve.

I further asked you to do:

    1) Add the clocksource_base struct and provide the infrastructure in
       get_device_system_crosststamp()

    2) Make TSC/ART use it

But this still does #1 and #2 in one go.

If you don't understand my review comments, then please ask. If you
disagree with them then please tell me and argue with me.

Just ignoring them is not an option.

Thanks,

        tglx