Subject: RE: [EXT] [PATCH iwl-net v2 1/2] igc: Report VLAN EtherType matching back to user

From: Kurt Kanzenbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2023 14:31:45 +0100

Hi Suman,

On Fri Dec 01 2023, Suman Ghosh wrote:
> Hi Kurt,
>
>
>>+	if (rule->filter.match_flags & IGC_FILTER_FLAG_VLAN_ETYPE) {
>>+		fsp->flow_type |= FLOW_EXT;
>>+		fsp->h_ext.vlan_etype = rule->filter.vlan_etype;
>>+		fsp->m_ext.vlan_etype = ETHER_TYPE_FULL_MASK;
> [Suman] User can provide mask for vlan-etype as well. Why not take
> that rather than hard coding it? I checked you are already doing the
> same for TCI in the other patch.

Currently the driver allows/supports to match the VLAN EtherType only by
full mask. That is different from TCI, where two different mask values
are possible.

Thanks,
Kurt