Subject: Re: [PATCH] usbnet: removed USB_USBNET as a config option

From: Bjørn Mork <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 13:03:22 +0200

Oliver Neukum <[email-masked]> writes:
> On Tue, 2015-10-20 at 10:43 +0200, Bjørn Mork wrote:
>
>> So we might need to move cdc_parse_cdc_header() out of usbnet.c after
>> all. Keeping it there creates an unnecessary "select" mess.  But I don't
>> know where to put it...  Either a common CDC helper module or the USB
>> core I guess.
>
> A common module means that the overhead of a module would be incurred.
> Do you have any other candidates that could go into a common helper
> module?

Not anything that matters. Some of the CDC notification handling could
maybe be shared by using a shoehorn on it, but I think that would make
the code less maintainable so it is not a good idea.

So, no, I don't have any other candidates. "usbcore" looks like the best
place for this function, if that is acceptable to Greg.

Bjørn