Subject: Re: Closing down the wireless trees for a summer break?

From: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 09:12:55 +0300

Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, 14 Jun 2023 18:07:43 +0300 Kalle Valo wrote:
>> But do note that above is _only_ for -next patches. For patches going to
>> -rc releases we apply the patches directly to wireless, no other trees
>> are involved. My proposal was that net maintainers would take only fixes
>> for -rc releases, my guess from history is that it would be maximum of
>> 10-15 patches. And once me and Johannes are back we would sort out -next
>> patches before the merge window. But of course you guys can do whatever
>> you think is best :)
>
> Ah, good note, I would have guessed that fixes go via special trees,
> too. In that case it should indeed be easy. We'll just look out for
> maintainer acks on the list and ping people if in doubt.

Sounds good. And do note that not all drivers have active maintainers,
so you might have to take some patches without acks.

-- 
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches