Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 4/4] net: dsa: hellcreek: Add devlink FDB region

From: Kurt Kanzenbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 12:31:04 +0100

On Sun Mar 14 2021, Kurt Kanzenbach wrote:
> On Sat Mar 13 2021, Vladimir Oltean wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 10:39:39AM +0100, Kurt Kanzenbach wrote:
>>> Allow to dump the FDB table via devlink. This is a useful debugging feature.
>>> 
>>> Signed-off-by: Kurt Kanzenbach <[email-masked]>
>>> Reviewed-by: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
>>> ---
>>
>> Reviewed-by: Vladimir Oltean <[email-masked]>
>>
>> By the way, what user space program do you use to dump these? Did you
>> derive something from Andrew's mv88e6xxx_dump too? Maybe we should work
>> on something common?
>
> Actually there is no user space tooling, yet. My original approach to
> debugging was different using debugfs and tracing. I played a bit with
> mv88e6xxx_dump today. Having a common tool would be quite nice.

Thanks for the pointer to mv88e6xxx_dump. Just needed to implement
.devlink_info_get() callback, so that the tool can distinguish between
the Marvell and Hellcreek devices (and implement some hellcreek
specifics).

Thanks,
Kurt