Subject: Re: [PATCH] selftest/bpf: fix IPV6FR handling in flow dissector

From: Jakub Sitnicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 10:00:06 +0100

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 12:06 AM CET, Daniel Borkmann wrote:

[...]

>>> I'm not initimately familiar with this test, but looking at the change
>>> I'd consider that Destinations Options and encapsulation headers can
>>> follow the Fragment Header.
>>>
>>> With enough of Dst Opts or levels of encapsulation, transport header
>>> could be pushed to the 2nd fragment. So I'm not sure if the assertion
>>> from the IPv4 dissector that 2nd fragment and following doesn't contain
>>> any parseable header holds.
>
> Hm, staring at rfc8200, it says that the first fragment packet must include
> the upper-layer header (e.g. tcp, udp). The patch here should probably add a
> comment wrt to the rfc.

You're right, it clearly says so. Nevermind my worries about malformed
packets then. Change LGTM:

Reviewed-by: Jakub Sitnicki <[email-masked]>