Subject: Re: [PATCH] wcn36xx: Close SMD channel on device removal

From: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 09:17:05 +0300

Bjorn Andersson <[email-masked]> writes:

> The SMD channel is not the primary WCNSS channel and must explicitly be
> closed as the device is removed, or the channel will already by open on
> a subsequent probe call in e.g. the case of reloading the kernel module.
>
> This issue was introduced because I simplified the underlying SMD
> implementation while the SMD adaptions of the driver sat on the mailing
> list, but missed to update these patches. The patch does however only
> apply back to the transition to rpmsg, hence the limited Fixes.
>
> Fixes: 5052de8deff5 ("soc: qcom: smd: Transition client drivers from smd to rpmsg")
> Reported-by: Eyal Ilsar <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Bjorn Andersson <[email-masked]>

As this is a regression I'll queue this to 4.12.

But if this is an older bug (didn't quite understand your description
though) should there be a separate patch for stable releases?

-- 
Kalle Valo