Subject: Re: [PATCH bpf v3 2/4] selftest/bpf: Support SOCK_STREAM in unix_inet_redir_to_connected()

From: Jakub Sitnicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jul 2024 11:45:45 +0200

On Thu, Jul 11, 2024 at 10:33 PM +02, Michal Luczaj wrote:
> On 7/9/24 11:48, Jakub Sitnicki wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 07, 2024 at 11:28 PM +02, Michal Luczaj wrote:
>>> Function ignores the AF_INET socket type argument, SOCK_DGRAM is hardcoded.
>>> Fix to respect the argument provided.
>>>
>>> Suggested-by: Jakub Sitnicki <[email-masked]>
>>> Signed-off-by: Michal Luczaj <[email-masked]>
>>> ---
>> 
>> Thanks for the fixup.
>> 
>> Reviewed-by: Jakub Sitnicki <[email-masked]>
>
> Ugh, my commit message is wrong. Change is for socketpair(AF_UNIX), not
> inet_socketpair(). Sorry, will fix.

Right. Didn't catch that. You can keep my Reviewed-by nevertheless.

> Speaking of fixups, do you want it tagged with Fixes: 75e0e27db6cf
> ("selftest/bpf: Change udp to inet in some function names")?

Yes, we can add Fixes if we want the change to be backported to stable
kernels, or just for information.

> And looking at that commit[1], inet_unix_redir_to_connected() has its
> @type ignored, too.  Same treatment?

That one will not be a trivial fix like this case. inet_socketpair()
won't work for TCP as is. It will fail trying to connect() a listening
socket (p0). I recall now that we are in this state due to some
abandoned work that began in 75e0e27db6cf ("selftest/bpf: Change udp to
inet in some function names").

If we bundle stuff together then it takes more energy to push it through
(iterations, reviews). I find it easier to keep the scope down to
minimum for a series.