Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] add netdev led trigger

From: Andi Kleen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 11:15:51 +0100

Eric Cooper <[email-masked]> writes:

> Add a netdev LED trigger for all Blinkenlights lovers...
> Originally taken from https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/2776
> Slightly updated for 2.6.24 by Mickey Lauer <[email-masked]>
> and for 2.6.36 by Eric Cooper <[email-masked]>

You should really send this to netdev too.

Some comments:

The timer seems power unfriendly -- it will always tick even if nothing 
happens.

Using the device name as an identifier is not reliable, they may 
not be unique.

rwlocks are deprecated.

your store code has a off by one I think, it's possible to put 
not 0 terminated data in the string.

-Andi

-- 
[email-masked] -- Speaking for myself only.