Subject: Re: [PATCH] p54spi: convert to devicetree

From: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2023 07:32:57 +0200

Christian Lamparter <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On 3/14/23 17:30, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
>> The Prism54 SPI driver hardcodes GPIO numbers and expects users to
>> pass them as module parameters, apparently a relic from its life as a
>> staging driver. This works because there is only one user, the Nokia
>> N8x0 tablet.
>>
>> Convert this to the gpio descriptor interface and move the gpio
>> line information into devicetree to improve this and simplify the
>> code at the same time.
>
> Yes, this is definitely the right idea/way. From what I remember, Kalle
> Valo was partially involved in p54spi/stlc45xx. The details are very fuzzy.
> So,  I could be totally wrong. From what I remember Kalle was working
> for Nokia (or as a contractor for Nokia?) at the time.

I wrote stlc45xx driver as part of my thesis when working for Nokia and
I think then someone wrote p54spi after that. Oh man, this was a long
time ago so hard to remember :)

-- 
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches