Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 1/2] flow_dissector: Cleanup control flow

From: Hannes Frederic Sowa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2017 14:35:59 +0200

Tom Herbert <[email-masked]> writes:

> __skb_flow_dissect is riddled with gotos that make discerning the flow,
> debugging, and extending the capability difficult. This patch
> reorganizes things so that we only perform goto's after the two main
> switch statements (no gotos within the cases now). It also eliminates
> several goto labels so that there are only two labels that can be target
> for goto.

The problem with the

fdret = ... ;
break;

is that we now have to count curly braces to look what break does
actually break and where fdret is being processed. With the number of
context lines you send for the patch this is hard to review.

I tend to like the gotos a bit more for now.

[...]

Bye,
Hannes