Subject: Re: [GIT] Networking

From: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 10:50:38 +0300

Linus Torvalds <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 7:01 AM Linus Torvalds
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> Hmm. Tentatively pulled, but there's something wrong with the Kconfig rules.
>
> Confirmed.

BTW, our emails crossed and more info in the other email[1].

> I did a978a5b8d83f ("net/kconfig: Make QCOM_QMI_HELPERS available when
> COMPILE_TEST") to fix the breakage.

Thanks, though I don't see it yet as I guess you haven't pushed it yet.
Do note that it _might_ conflict the other commit which I suspect is in
also coming to you:

ccfb464cd106 ("soc: qcom: Allow COMPILE_TEST of qcom SoC Kconfigs")

> Why wasn't this noticed in testing?

Mostly bad timing due to my vacation. I did do allmodconfig build but
not sure why I missed the warning, also the kbuild bot didn't report
anything. Jeff did report[2] it last week but I was on vacation at the
time and just came back yesterday and didn't have time to react to it
yet. Really sorry for the mess.

[1] https://lkml.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

[2] http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/ath10k/2018-October/012330.html

-- 
Kalle Valo