Subject: Re: [PATCH v7] posix-timers: add clock_compare system call

From: Kurt Kanzenbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2024 12:04:20 +0100

On Sat Mar 23 2024, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 23 2024 at 01:38, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
>> PTP_SYS_OFFSET_EXTENDED moves the outer sample points as close as
>> possible to the actual PCH read and provides both outer samples to user
>> space for analysis. It was introduced for a reason, no?
>
> That said, it's a sad state of affairs that 16 drivers which did exist
> before the introduction of the gettimex64() callback have not been
> converted over to it within 4.5 years.
>
> What's even worse is that 14 drivers have been merged _after_ the
> gettimex64() callback got introduced without implementing it:
>

[...]

> 2020-11-05   drivers/net/dsa/hirschmann/hellcreek_ptp.c

Oh, my bad. Let me switch this one to gettimex64() then.

Thanks,
Kurt