Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 net-next 6/6] selftests: forwarding: add dynamic FDB test

From: Hans Schultz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 12:29:18 +0200

On Thu, Mar 30, 2023 at 09:37, Ido Schimmel <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 28, 2023 at 09:30:08PM +0200, Hans Schultz wrote:
>> 
>> Sorry, but I have sent you several emails telling you about the problems
>> I have with running the selftests due to changes in the phy etc. Maybe
>> you have just not received all those emails?
>> 
>> Have you checked spamfilters?
>> 
>> With the kernels now, I cannot even test with the software bridge and
>> selftests as the compile fails - probably due to changes in uapi headers
>> compared to what the packages my system uses expects.
>
> My spam filters are fine. I saw your emails where you basically said
> that you are too lazy to setup a VM to test your patches and that your
> time is more valuable than mine, which is why I should be testing them.
> Stop making your problems our problems. It's hardly the first time. If
> you are unable to test your patches, then invest the time in fixing your
> setup instead of submitting completely broken patches and making it our
> problem to test and fix them. I refuse to invest time in reviewing /
> testing / reworking your submissions as long as you insist on doing less
> than the bare minimum.
>
> Good luck

I never said or indicated that my time is more valuable than yours. I
have a VM to run these things that some have spent countless hours to
develop with the right tools etc installed and set up. Fixing that
system will take quite many hours for me, so I am asking for some simple
assistance from someone who already has a system running supporting the
newest kernel.

Alternatively if there is an open sourced system available that would be
great.

As this patch-set is for the community and some companies that would
like to use it and not for myself, I am asking for some help from the
community with a task that when someone has the system in place should
not take more than 15-20 minutes, maybe even less.