Subject: Looking for new router

From: hput <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 20:38:10 -0500

setup: Home network
OS: ubuntu-21.10

First let me apologize a bit.  This message is a near copy of one I
posted on the gmane ... network.router newsgroup on Jan 7.

I didn't get any bits so far.  I hoped to broaden the ask a bit.
-------       -------       ---=---       -------       ------- 

Looking for a new router for a home network.  A substantial size house
Usually about 6-7 adults.

3 floors and over 3500 - 4000 sq feet (I'm guessing)

I've looked at a few reviews but ...
There is so much fluff in the reviews I've found online.  I really
doubt that many are actually honest and open.  Many seem way to
willing to go deep into the gaming aspect and not much else.

And some are noticeably biased. 

So, mostly wanting some URLS to known fair and accurate reviewers.

But any opinions also welcome.

This router should have a far reach without additional help.

I'd like a new router to be wifi `6' and even `6e' if possible.
And with at least 8 ethernet ports.

My price ceiling is a `tightwad' $350.

(no interest at all in MESH setups or primarily gamer routers)

My needs include capability to reach furthest parts of structure.

Router should handle many devices with little effort.

And one pretty minor property:
Some mechanism to have logging sent to a specific user (without
involving internet mail if possible) <= (not essential)