Subject: Re: [PATCH bpf-next 0/5] BPF link force-detach support

From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 21:03:52 +0200

Andrii Nakryiko <[email-masked]> writes:

>> BTW, I've noticed that you tend to drop Ccs on later versions of your
>> patch series (had to go and lookup v2 of this to check that it was in
>> fact merged). Is that intentional? :)
>
> Hm.. not sure about whether I tend to do that. But in this it was
> intentional and I dropped you from CC because I've seen enough
> reminders about your vacation, didn't need more ;)

Haha, that's fair ;)

> In general, though, I try to keep CC list short, otherwise vger blocks
> my patches. People directly CC'd get them, but they never appear on
> bpf@vger mailing list. So it probably happened a few times where I
> started off with longer CC and had to drop people from it just to get
> my patches into patchworks.

Ah, I have had that happen to me (patches not showing up on vger), but
had no idea that could be related to a long Cc list. Good to know! And
thanks for the explanation - it's not a huge issue for me (I do
generally keep up with netdev@ and bpf@ although as you can no doubt
imagine I'm a wee bit behind right now), was just wondering...

-Toke