Subject: Re: [PATCH,RESEND] XFRM,IPv6: initialize ip6_dst_blackhole_ops.kmem_cachep

From: [email-masked] (Arnaud Ebalard)
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 14:59:32 +0200

David Miller <[email-masked]> writes:

> From: [email-masked] (Arnaud Ebalard)
> Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 11:26:31 +0200
>
>> With the switch to a default value of 1 for xfrm_larval_drop in commit
>> 28faa979746b2352cd78a376bf9f52db953bda46 (ipsec: Make xfrm_larval_drop
>> default to 1), what seems to be a bug manage to surface on one of my
>> test box running today's net-next (*).
>> 
>> When xfrm_tmpl_resolve() returns -EAGAIN in __xfrm_lookup(), the caller
>> is returned -EREMOTE and is expected to install a blackhole route. For
>> IPv6, the call to dst_alloc(&ip6_dst_blackhole_ops) performed by
>> ip6_dst_blackhole() produces the error provided below, because
>> kmem_cachep attribute seems to be uninitialized. This does not happen
>> when xfrm_larval_drop is set to 0.
>> 
>> The patch below against today's net-next. Benjamin (in CC) reported on
>> the introduction of the bug (f2fc6a54585a1be6669613a31fbaba2ecbadcd36)
>> while adding network namespaces support to ipv6 routes.
>
> Applied to net-2.6, thanks Arnaud!

Can you queue it for -stable (2.6.26) too, if not already done?

a+