Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] docs: networking: document NAPI

From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 11:29:14 +0100

Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]> writes:

> Add basic documentation about NAPI. We can stop linking to the ancient
> doc on the LF wiki.
>
> Signed-off-by: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>

Looks good, just one nit:

[...]

> +Threaded NAPI
> +-------------
> +
> +Use dedicated kernel threads rather than software IRQ context for NAPI
> +processing. The configuration is per netdevice and will affect all
> +NAPI instances of that device. Each NAPI instance will spawn a separate
> +thread (called ``napi/${ifc-name}-${napi-id}``).

This section starts a bit abruptly. Maybe start it with "Threaded NAPI
is an operating mode that uses dedicated..." or something along those
lines?

Other than that:

Reviewed-by: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>