Subject: Re: [PATCH bpf-next 4/5] bpftool: Add SEC name for xdp programs attached to device map

From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2020 17:01:10 +0200

David Ahern <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 5/27/20 4:02 AM, Toke Høiland-Jørgensen wrote:
>> David Ahern <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>>> Support SEC("xdp_dm*") as a short cut for loading the program with
>>> type BPF_PROG_TYPE_XDP and expected attach type BPF_XDP_DEVMAP.
>> 
>> You're not using this in the selftest; shouldn't you be? Also, the
>> prefix should be libbpf: not bpftool:, no?
>> 
>
> The selftest is exercising kernel APIs - what is allowed and what is
> not.

Sure, but they also de facto serve as example code for features that are
not documented anywhere else, so just seemed a bit odd to me that you
were not using this to mark the programs.

Anyway, not going to insist if you prefer explicitly setting
expected_attach_type...

-Toke