Subject: Re: iwlwifi warnings in 5.5-rc1

From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2019 15:09:58 +0100

Johannes Berg <[email-masked]> writes:

> ++ others who reported this
>
> On Tue, 2019-12-10 at 13:46 -0700, Jens Axboe wrote:
>
>> ------------[ cut here ]------------
>> STA b4:75:0e:99:1f:e0 AC 2 txq pending airtime underflow: 4294967088, 208
>
> We think this is due to TSO, the change below will disable the AQL again
> for now until we can figure out how to really fix it. I think I'll do
> the equivalent for 5.5 and maybe leave it enabled only for ath10k, or
> something like that ...

If we're doing this on a per-driver basis, let's make it a proper
NL80211_EXT_FEATURE and expose it to userspace; that way users can at
least discover if it's supported on their device. I can send a patch
adding that...

Maybe we should untangle this from airtime_flags completely, since if we
just use the flags people could conceivably end up disabling it by
mistake, couldn't they?

-Toke