Subject: RE: [PATCH net-next] sched: add dualpi2 scheduler module

From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2019 22:18:03 +0100

"Tilmans, Olivier (Nokia - BE/Antwerp)"
<[email-masked]> writes:

>> I noticed that there's an IPR disclosure filed at the IETF[0] claiming a
>> patent on the algorithm. I'm curious if you know whether Nokia has an
>> official position on the use of that patent in this implementation if it
>> becomes part of the kernel? :)
>
> Hi Toke,
>
> My understanding is that the GPLv2 is ambiguous wrt. patent licensing,
> which is unfortunate as it is the current license of this code.

Yup, that is partly why I'm asking :)

> I'll get an official statement from our legal department regarding the
> use of the patent in the context of the Linux kernel, hopefully in a 
> reasonable timeframe as a few key people are currently on vacations.

Great, thanks!

-Toke