Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 01/11] PCI: Prepare removing devres from pci_intx()

From: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2024 17:04:00 +0100

On Wed, Nov 13 2024 at 13:41, Philipp Stanner wrote:
> +/**
> + * pci_intx_unmanaged - enables/disables PCI INTx for device dev,
> + * unmanaged version
> + * @pdev: the PCI device to operate on
> + * @enable: boolean: whether to enable or disable PCI INTx

Except that the argument is of type int, which really should be type bool.

> + * Enables/disables PCI INTx for device @pdev
> + *
> + * This function behavios identically to pci_intx(), but is never managed with
> + * devres.

behavios?

> + */
> +void pci_intx_unmanaged(struct pci_dev *pdev, int enable)

I find this function name mildy confusing. This _unmanaged suffix is not
really telling me anything. And the reference that this behaves
identically to pci_intx() makes it even worse.

This function is about controlling the PCI INTX_DISABLE bit in the
PCI_COMMAND config word, right?

So naming it pci_intx_control() would make it entirely clear what this
is about, no?

Thanks,

        tglx