Subject: Get MAC supported link modes for SFP port

From: Baruch Siach <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 17:37:22 +0200

Hi netdev list,

I am trying to retrieve all MAC supported link modes
(ETHTOOL_LINK_MODE_*) for network interfaces with SFP port. The
'supported' bit mask that ETHTOOL_GLINKSETTINGS provides in
link_mode_masks[] changes to match the SFP module that happens to be
plugged in. When no SFP module is plugged, the bit mask looks
meaningless.

I understand that ETHTOOL_LINK_MODE_* bits are meant to describe PHY
level capabilities. So I would settle for a MAC level "supported rates"
list.

Is there anything like that?

Thanks,
baruch

-- 
                                                     ~. .~   Tk Open Systems
=}------------------------------------------------ooO--U--Ooo------------{=
   - [email-masked] - tel: +972.52.368.4656, http://www.tkos.co.il -