Subject: [PATCH 6/6] ipv4: Allow unprivileged users to use per net sysctls

From: ebiederm-aS9lmoZGLiVWk0Htik3J/[email-masked] (Eric W. Biederman)
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2013 16:27:35 -0700

Allow unprivileged users to use:
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_all
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_echo_ignore_broadcasts
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_ignore_bogus_error_response
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_errors_use_inbound_ifaddr
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_ratelimit
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/icmp_ratemask
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ping_group_range
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_local_ports_range

These are occassionally handy and after a quick review I don't see
any problems with unprivileged users using them.

Signed-off-by: "Eric W. Biederman" <ebiederm-aS9lmoZGLiVWk0Htik3J/[email-masked]>
---
 net/ipv4/sysctl_net_ipv4.c |    4 ----
 1 files changed, 0 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/net/ipv4/sysctl_net_ipv4.c b/net/ipv4/sysctl_net_ipv4.c
index 5a17eb605f77..3298255d0ae7 100644
--- a/net/ipv4/sysctl_net_ipv4.c
+++ b/net/ipv4/sysctl_net_ipv4.c
@@ -842,10 +842,6 @@ static __net_init int ipv4_sysctl_init_net(struct net *net)
 		/* Update the variables to point into the current struct net */
 		for (i = 0; i < ARRAY_SIZE(ipv4_net_table) - 1; i++)
 			table[i].data += (void *)net - (void *)&init_net;
-
-		/* Don't export sysctls to unprivileged users */
-		if (net->user_ns != &init_user_ns)
-			table[0].procname = NULL;
 	}
 
 	/*
-- 
1.7.5.4