Subject: Re: [PATCH v1 4/7] usbnet: cdc_mbim: don't recover device if suspend fails in system sleep

From: Bjørn Mork <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 15:53:52 +0100

Ming Lei <[email-masked]> writes:
> On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 8:04 PM, Bjørn Mork <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> I believe the correct here is to document the fact that we require the
>> subdriver->suspend() callback to always return 0 if !PMSG_IS_AUTO(message).
>> That is best done with a comment. No need to add any redundant code.
>
> Considered that the subdriver might change its return value in future,

Not likely.  It lives under the exact same restrictions as a standalone
USB interface driver.  If it starts returning something else, then this
driver should probably do so as well.

> how about just add the below comment?
>
>         /* TODO: resume() might need to handle suspend failure from subdriver */

OK with me if that includes dropping the redundant code change.

Note that the same issue and comment applies to the usbnet_suspend()
call as well.  We currently rely on both calls to always return 0 on
system suspend.  Which they are guaranteed to do, because they are both
directly used as .suspend callbacks in other USB interface drivers.

Bjørn
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-input" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html