Subject: Re: Stalls when starting a VSOCK listening socket: soft lockups, RCU stalls, timeout

From: Thomas Gleixner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2026 10:57:15 +0100

On Fri, Mar 06 2026 at 06:48, Jiri Slaby wrote:
> On 05. 03. 26, 20:25, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
>> Is there simple way to reproduce?
>
> Unfortunately not at all. To date, I even cannot reproduce locally, it 
> reproduces exclusively in opensuse build service (and github CI as per 
> Matthieu's report). I have a project in there with packages which fail 
> more often than others:
>    https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/home:jirislaby:softlockup
> But it's all green ATM.
>
> Builds of Go 1.24 and tests of rust 1.90 fail the most. The former even 
> takes only ~ 8 minutes, so it's not that intensive build at all. So the 
> reasons are unknown to me. At least, Go apparently uses threads for 
> building (unlike gcc/clang with forks/processes). Dunno about rust.

I tried with tons of test cases which stress test mmcid with threads and
failed.

Can you provide me your .config, source version, VM setup (Number of
CPUs, memory etc.)?

I tried to find it on that github page Matthiue mentioned but I'm
probably too stupid to navigate this clicky interface.

Thanks

        tglx