Subject: Re: [TEST] vxlan brige test flakiness

From: Petr Machata <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2025 11:27:19 +0100

Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri, 5 Dec 2025 17:16:56 +0100 Petr Machata wrote:
>> OK, cool.
>> 
>> I think the following patch would fix the issue. But I think it should
>> be thematically split into two parts, the lib.sh fix needs its own
>> explanation. Then there is a third patch to get rid of the
>> now-unnecessary vx_wait() helper.
>> 
>> I think it makes sense to send it all as next material after you open it
>> in January. But if the issue is super annoying, I can send the two-part
>> fix now for net, and the cleanup in January for next.
>> 
>> Let me know what you prefer.
>
> I think both the fix and the cleanup would be acceptable at this stage
> of the merge window. But no strong preference, I queued up the diff you
> shared as a local NIPA patch so we can see how it fares over the
> weekend. And it will get auto-ejected when you post the real thing.

Looks good so far, but not conclusive, there was a similarly long streak
before Dec 3. I'll check again tomorrow. If it's still green, I'll send
all three patches for net.