Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v6 2/7] net: dsa: Add DSA driver for Hirschmann Hellcreek switches

From: Kurt Kanzenbach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2020 07:37:53 +0200

On Sun Oct 11 2020, Vladimir Oltean wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 02:29:08PM +0200, Kurt Kanzenbach wrote:
>> On Tue Oct 06 2020, Vladimir Oltean wrote:
>> > It would be interesting to see if you could simply turn off VLAN
>> > awareness in standalone mode, and still use unique pvids per port.
>>
>> That doesn't work, just tested. When VLAN awareness is disabled,
>> everything is switched regardless of VLAN tags and table.
>
> That's strange, do you happen to know where things are going wrong?

No I don't. I'll clarify with the hardware engineer.

> I would expect:
> - port VLAN awareness is disabled, so any packet is classified to the
>   port-based VLAN
> - the port-based VLAN is a private VLAN whose membership includes only
>   that port, plus the CPU port
> - the switch does not forward packets towards a port that is not member
>   of the packets' classified VLAN

Me, too.

> When VLAN awareness is disabled, are you able to cause packet drops by
> deleting the pvid of the ingress port? Therefore, can you confirm that
> lan1 is not a member of lan0's pvid, but the switch still forwards the
> packets to it?

Will test.

Thanks,
Kurt