Subject: Re: e1000e interface hang on 82574L

From: Nix <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 17:04:46 +0100

On 6 Apr 2012, Bjorn Helgaas outgrape:
> If I understand correctly, e1000e attempts to disable ASPM to work
> around an 82574L hardware erratum, but the PCI core either doesn't
> disable ASPM or it gets re-enabled somehow.

It gets re-enabled. If you explicitly do a setpci in the boot process to
turn ASPM off on the interface, after doing your 'ip link up' and routing
initialization, by the end of the boot process ASPM is back on again.

I speculate that the stabilization of the interface (as indicated by the
link-enabled message) has somehow flipped ASPM on, but I have no actual
evidence for when this re-enabling happens. I just know it does.

-- 
NULL && (void)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Developers, A Lot Can Happen In A Second.
Boundary is the first to Know...and Tell You.
Monitor Your Applications in Ultra-Fine Resolution. Try it FREE!
http://p.sf.net/sfu/Boundary-d2dvs2
_______________________________________________
E1000-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/e1000-devel
To learn more about Intel&#174; Ethernet, visit http://communities.intel.com/community/wired