Subject: Re: [PATCH RESEND] dm9601: don't do usb transfers of data on stack

From: Peter Korsgaard <jacmet-OfajU3CKLf1/[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:55:55 +0200

>>>>> "Oliver" == Oliver Neukum <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi,

 >> Ahh. So kmalloc() / kfree() around the usb_control_msg isn dm_read /
 >> dm_write is the way to go?

 Oliver> The buffer should be allocated with kmalloc. That doesn't
 Oliver> mean it has to be allocated each time the function is
 Oliver> called. If several drivers do this, the best fix is to modify
 Oliver> struct usbnet so that it contains only a pointer to the
 Oliver> buffer, not the buffer itself and modify drivers accordingly.

Ok, but this is just for a few config registers - Nothing in the fast
path, so I'll keep it simple.

-- 
Bye, Peter Korsgaard
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-usb" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html