Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 intel-next 0/4] XDP_TX improvements for ice

From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2021 19:06:26 +0200

Maciej Fijalkowski <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> this is a second revision of a series around XDP_TX improvements for ice
> driver. When compared to v1 (which can be found under [1]), two new
> patches are introduced that are focused on improving the performance for
> XDP_TX as Jussi reported that the numbers were pretty low on his side.
> Furthermore the fallback path is now based on static branch, as
> suggested by Toke on v1. This means that there's no further need for a
> standalone net_device_ops that were serving the locked version of
> ndo_xdp_xmit callback.
>
> Idea from 2nd patch is borrowed from a joint work that was done against
> OOT driver among with Sridhar Samudrala, Jesse Brandeburg and Piotr
> Raczynski, where we working on fixing the scaling issues for Tx AF_XDP
> ZC path.
>
> Last but not least, with this series I observe the improvement of
> performance by around 30%.

Wow, "but not least" indeed! :D
You can't just drop that at the end like that! I want details -
whaddyamean, "by around 30%"? In all cases? Only for TX? Gimme numbers! :)

-Toke