Subject: Re: [PATCH] ath9k: release allocated buffer if timed out

From: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 13:34:18 +0300

Brian Norris <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 12:02 PM Brian Norris <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 12:05 AM Kalle Valo <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> > Actually it's already reverted in -next, nobody just realised that it's
>> > a regression from commit 728c1e2a05e4:
>> >
>> > ced21a4c726b ath9k: Fix use-after-free Read in htc_connect_service
>>
>> Nice.
>>
>> > v5.8-rc1 should be the first release having the fix.
>>
>> So I guess we have to wait until 5.8-rc1 (when this lands in mainline)
>> to send this manually to [email-masked]?

Yeah, following Option 2:

https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/stable-kernel-rules.html

> For the record, there are more reports of this, if I'm reading them right:
>
> https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=207797

Thanks for the followup, this case is a good example why small cleanup
patches are not always that simple and easy as some people claim :)

-- 
https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches