Subject: Re: pull-request: wireless-drivers-next-2020-12-03

From: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2020 12:40:14 +0200

Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu,  3 Dec 2020 18:57:32 +0000 (UTC) Kalle Valo wrote:
>> wireless-drivers-next patches for v5.11
>> 
>> First set of patches for v5.11. rtw88 getting improvements to work
>> better with Bluetooth and other driver also getting some new features.
>> mhi-ath11k-immutable branch was pulled from mhi tree to avoid
>> conflicts with mhi tree.
>
> Pulled, but there are a lot of fixes in here which look like they
> should have been part of the other PR, if you ask me.

Yeah, I'm actually on purpose keeping the bar high for patches going to
wireless-drivers (ie. the fixes going to -rc releases). This is just to
keep things simple for me and avoiding the number of conflicts between
the trees.

> There's also a patch which looks like it renames a module parameter.
> Module parameters are considered uAPI.

Ah, I have been actually wondering that if they are part of user space
API or not, good to know that they are. I'll keep an eye of this in the
future so that we are not breaking the uAPI with module parameter
changes.

-- 
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/linux-wireless/list/

https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches