Subject: Re: Regression: Bug 196547 - Since 4.12 - bonding module not working with wireless drivers

From: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 16:14:48 +0300

Andreas Born <futur.andy-gM/[email-masked]> writes:

> Earlier today I submitted the patch (bonding: require speed/duplex
> only for 802.3ad, alb and tlb) [2] that only partially reverts what is
> a regression following my aforementioned logic. This seems to me like
> the best solution in the short term since it should satisfy both
> usergroups represented by Mahesh and James and restores consistence
> with the bonding documentation. James already commented approvingly on
> that patch in the bug report. [3]
>
> Regards
> Andreas
>
> [1]
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/networking/bonding.txt

Great, thanks.

I'll take it the patch is meant for net tree (and not net-next) so that
it will be fixed for v4.13? Also it should backported to v4.12 stable
tree. I don't see any mention of that in the patch submission and that's
why I'm asking.

-- 
Kalle Valo