Subject: Re: [PATCH 12/30] net: wireless: cisco: airo: Fix a myriad of coding style issues

From: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 10:49:12 +0300

Ondrej Zary <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Monday 17 August 2020 20:27:06 Jesse Brandeburg wrote:
>> On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 16:27:01 +0300
>> Kalle Valo <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> 
>> > I was surprised to see that someone was using this driver in 2015, so
>> > I'm not sure anymore what to do. Of course we could still just remove
>> > it and later revert if someone steps up and claims the driver is still
>> > usable. Hmm. Does anyone any users of this driver?
>> 
>> What about moving the driver over into staging, which is generally the
>> way I understood to move a driver slowly out of the kernel?
>
> Please don't remove random drivers.

We don't want to waste time on obsolete drivers and instead prefer to
use our time on more productive tasks. For us wireless maintainers it's
really hard to know if old drivers are still in use or if they are just
broken.

> I still have the Aironet PCMCIA card and can test the driver.

Great. Do you know if the airo driver still works with recent kernels?

-- 
https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches