Subject: Re: [RFC net-next v1 1/1] net/sched: Introduce the taprio scheduler

From: Vinicius Costa Gomes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 10:13:23 -0700

Hi Jiri,

Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>>
>>gates.sched
>
> Any particular reason this has to be in file and not on the cmdline?

The idea here was to keep longer schedules more manageable. And during
testing I found it more ergonomic to have a file.

It also has the advantage that the file can be reused by other tools,
dump-classifier (awful name, I admit), included in that github gist, is
one example, it uses the schedule (and some more information) to
calculate which packets would fall outside their "windows" in a pcap
dump.

Anyway, if there are use cases that having the schedule in the command
line helps, I would be happy to add it.

Cheers,