Subject: Re: Question Print Formatting iproute2

From: Petr Machata <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 21:31:36 +0200

Briana Oursler <[email-masked]> writes:

> I git bisected and found d0e450438571("tc: q_red: Add support for
> qevents "mark" and "early_drop"), the commit that introduced the
> formatting change causing the break.
>
> -       print_string(PRINT_FP, NULL, "max %s ", sprint_size(qopt->qth_max, b3));
> +       print_string(PRINT_FP, NULL, "max %s", sprint_size(qopt->qth_max, b3));
>
> I made a patch that adds a space after the format specifier in the
> iproute2 tc/q_red.c and tested it using: tdc.py -c qdisc. After the
> change, all the broken tdc qdisc red tests return ok. I'm including the
> patch under the scissors line.
>
> I wanted to ask the ML if adding the space after the specifier is preferred usage.
> The commit also had:
>  -               print_uint(PRINT_ANY, "ewma", "ewma %u ", qopt->Wlog);
>  +               print_uint(PRINT_ANY, "ewma", " ewma %u ", qopt->Wlog);
>
> so I wanted to check with everyone.

Yeah, I outsmarted myself with those space changes. Those two chunks
need reversing, and qevents need to have the space changed. This should
work:

modified	  tc/q_red.c
@@ -222,12 +222,12 @@ static int red_print_opt(struct qdisc_util *qu, FILE *f, struct rtattr *opt)
 	print_uint(PRINT_JSON, "min", NULL, qopt->qth_min);
 	print_string(PRINT_FP, NULL, "min %s ", sprint_size(qopt->qth_min, b2));
 	print_uint(PRINT_JSON, "max", NULL, qopt->qth_max);
-	print_string(PRINT_FP, NULL, "max %s", sprint_size(qopt->qth_max, b3));
+	print_string(PRINT_FP, NULL, "max %s ", sprint_size(qopt->qth_max, b3));

 	tc_red_print_flags(qopt->flags);

 	if (show_details) {
-		print_uint(PRINT_ANY, "ewma", " ewma %u ", qopt->Wlog);
+		print_uint(PRINT_ANY, "ewma", "ewma %u ", qopt->Wlog);
 		if (max_P)
 			print_float(PRINT_ANY, "probability",
 				    "probability %lg ", max_P / pow(2, 32));
modified	  tc/tc_qevent.c
@@ -82,8 +82,9 @@ void qevents_print(struct qevent_util *qevents, FILE *f)
 			}

 			open_json_object(NULL);
-			print_string(PRINT_ANY, "kind", " qevent %s", qevents->id);
+			print_string(PRINT_ANY, "kind", "qevent %s", qevents->id);
 			qevents->print_qevent(qevents, f);
+			print_string(PRINT_FP, NULL, "%s", " ");
 			close_json_object();
 		}
 	}

Are you going to take care of this, or should I?