Subject: Re: FW: [PATCH bpf-next 2/4] xsk: allow AF_XDP sockets to receive packets directly from a queue

From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 21:22:52 +0200

"Samudrala, Sridhar" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Performance Results
> ===================
> Only 1 core is used in all these testcases as the app and the queue irq are pinned to the same core.
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                                 mitigations ON                mitigations OFF
>    Testcase              ----------------------------------------------------------
>                          no patches    with patches       no patches   with patches
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> AF_XDP default rxdrop        X             X                   Y            Y

Is this really exactly the same with and without patches? You're adding
an extra check to xdp_do_redirect(); are you really saying that the
impact of that is zero?

> AF_XDP direct rxdrop        N/A          X+46%                N/A         Y+25%
> Kernel rxdrop              X+61%         X+61%               Y+53%        Y+53%
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Here Y is pps with CPU security mitigations turned OFF and it is 26%
> better than X.

Any particular reason you're not sharing the values of X and Y?

-Toke