Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v3 3/6] net: sched: sch_cake: use enum qdisc_drop_reason for cobalt_should_drop

From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2026 12:52:40 +0100

Jesper Dangaard Brouer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Change cobalt_should_drop() return type from enum skb_drop_reason to
> enum qdisc_drop_reason to fix implicit enum conversion warnings.
>
> Use QDISC_DROP_UNSPEC as the 'not dropped' sentinel instead of
> SKB_NOT_DROPPED_YET. Both have the same compiled value (0), so the
> comparison logic remains semantically equivalent.
>
> Signed-off-by: Jesper Dangaard Brouer <[email-masked]>

So before this patch (but after patch 1), we're basically assigning
invalid values to the enum skb_drop_reason variable? I guess the
compiler just turns everything into their integer representations, since
this doesn't cause build errors?

I guess the only way to avoid this is to fold this patch into patch 1?
Not a huge deal, but maybe that's better then?

In any case, for the change itself:

Reviewed-by: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>