Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH] iwlwifi: yoyo: don't print failure if debug firmware is missing

From: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2020 21:11:25 +0300

Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Jun 25, 2020 at 06:52:10PM +0200, Wolfram Sang wrote:
>> Missing this firmware is not fatal, my wifi card still works. Even more,
>> I couldn't find any documentation what it is or where to get it. So, I
>> don't think the users should be notified if it is missing. If you browse
>> the net, you see the message is present is in quite some logs. Better
>> remove it.
>> 
>> Signed-off-by: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]>
>> ---
>
> Any input on this? Or people I should add to CC?

This was discussed on another thread:

https://lkml.kernel.org/r/[email-masked]

Unless Intel folks object I'm planning to take this to
wireless-drivers-next.

-- 
https://wireless.wiki.kernel.org/en/developers/documentation/submittingpatches