Subject: Re: [RFC]: Support for zero-copy TCP transmit of user space data

From: Andi Kleen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:27:23 +0100

Vladislav Bolkhovitin <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>  - Although usage of struct page to keep network related pointer might
> look as a layering violation, it isn't. I wrote in
> http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/12/15/190 why.

Sorry but extending struct page for this is really a bad idea because
of the extreme memory overhead even when it's not used (which is a 
problem on distribution kernels) Find some other way to store this
information.  Even for patches with more general value it was not
acceptable.

-Andi

-- 
[email-masked]

--
To unsubscribe, send a message with 'unsubscribe linux-mm' in
the body to [email-masked].  For more info on Linux MM,
see: http://www.linux-mm.org/ .
Don't email: <a href=mailto:"[email-masked]"> [email-masked] </a>