Subject: WARNING: ODEBUG bug in __queue_work

From: syzbot <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 16:59:02 -0800

Hello,

syzbot hit the following crash on upstream commit
1a2a7d3ee659e477e0768ac3fc7579794f89071b (Fri Feb 16 17:11:30 2018 +0000)
Merge tag 'sound-4.16-rc2' of  
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound

So far this crash happened 2 times on upstream.
C reproducer is attached.
syzkaller reproducer is attached.
Raw console output is attached.
compiler: gcc (GCC) 7.1.1 20170620
.config is attached.

IMPORTANT: if you fix the bug, please add the following tag to the commit:
Reported-by: [email-masked]
It will help syzbot understand when the bug is fixed. See footer for  
details.
If you forward the report, please keep this part and the footer.

x_tables: ip6_tables: TCPMSS target: only valid for protocol 6
x_tables: ip6_tables: TCPMSS target: only valid for protocol 6
x_tables: ip6_tables: TCPMSS target: only valid for protocol 6
------------[ cut here ]------------
ODEBUG: activate not available (active state 0) object type: work_struct  
hint: 0x8
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 4178 at lib/debugobjects.c:291  
debug_print_object+0x166/0x220 lib/debugobjects.c:288
Kernel panic - not syncing: panic_on_warn set ...

CPU: 0 PID: 4178 Comm: syzkaller885166 Not tainted 4.16.0-rc1+ #315
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS  
Google 01/01/2011
Call Trace:
  <IRQ>
  __dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:17 [inline]
  dump_stack+0x194/0x257 lib/dump_stack.c:53
  panic+0x1e4/0x41c kernel/panic.c:183
  __warn+0x1dc/0x200 kernel/panic.c:547
  report_bug+0x211/0x2d0 lib/bug.c:184
  fixup_bug.part.11+0x37/0x80 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:178
  fixup_bug arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:247 [inline]
  do_error_trap+0x2d7/0x3e0 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:296
  do_invalid_op+0x1b/0x20 arch/x86/kernel/traps.c:315
  invalid_op+0x58/0x80 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:957
RIP: 0010:debug_print_object+0x166/0x220 lib/debugobjects.c:288
RSP: 0018:ffff8801db407400 EFLAGS: 00010082
RAX: dffffc0000000008 RBX: 0000000000000005 RCX: ffffffff815abdbe
RDX: 0000000000000100 RSI: 1ffff1003b680e30 RDI: 1ffff1003b680e05
RBP: ffff8801db407440 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 1ffff1003b680dd7
R10: ffff8801db407300 R11: 0000000000000002 R12: 0000000000000001
R13: ffffffff86b14d80 R14: ffffffff86007d60 R15: ffffffff8147ac00
  debug_object_activate+0x390/0x730 lib/debugobjects.c:475
  debug_work_activate kernel/workqueue.c:493 [inline]
  __queue_work+0x163/0x1230 kernel/workqueue.c:1382
  queue_work_on+0x16a/0x1c0 kernel/workqueue.c:1488
  queue_work include/linux/workqueue.h:488 [inline]
  schedule_work include/linux/workqueue.h:546 [inline]
  idletimer_tg_expired+0x44/0x60 net/netfilter/xt_IDLETIMER.c:116
  call_timer_fn+0x228/0x820 kernel/time/timer.c:1326
  expire_timers kernel/time/timer.c:1363 [inline]
  __run_timers+0x7ee/0xb70 kernel/time/timer.c:1666
  run_timer_softirq+0x4c/0x70 kernel/time/timer.c:1692
  __do_softirq+0x2d7/0xb85 kernel/softirq.c:285
  invoke_softirq kernel/softirq.c:365 [inline]
  irq_exit+0x1cc/0x200 kernel/softirq.c:405
  exiting_irq arch/x86/include/asm/apic.h:541 [inline]
  smp_apic_timer_interrupt+0x16b/0x700 arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic.c:1052
  apic_timer_interrupt+0x8e/0xa0 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:796
  </IRQ>
RIP: 0010:arch_local_irq_restore arch/x86/include/asm/paravirt.h:777  
[inline]
RIP: 0010:__raw_spin_unlock_irqrestore include/linux/spinlock_api_smp.h:160  
[inline]
RIP: 0010:_raw_spin_unlock_irqrestore+0x5e/0xba  
kernel/locking/spinlock.c:184
RSP: 0018:ffff8801b1a7f3c8 EFLAGS: 00000282 ORIG_RAX: ffffffffffffff12
RAX: dffffc0000000000 RBX: 0000000000000282 RCX: 0000000000000006
RDX: 1ffffffff0d592d5 RSI: 1ffff10035eb5d5b RDI: 0000000000000282
RBP: ffff8801b1a7f3d8 R08: 1ffff1003634fe47 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000000 R12: ffffffff86cfcbe0
R13: 0000000000000282 R14: ffffed003634fe8b R15: ffff8801b33f25e8
  fill_pool lib/debugobjects.c:119 [inline]
  __debug_object_init+0xa7a/0x1040 lib/debugobjects.c:339
  debug_object_init+0x17/0x20 lib/debugobjects.c:391
  __init_work+0x2b/0x60 kernel/workqueue.c:506
  idletimer_tg_create net/netfilter/xt_IDLETIMER.c:152 [inline]
  idletimer_tg_checkentry+0x691/0xb00 net/netfilter/xt_IDLETIMER.c:213
  xt_check_target+0x22c/0x7d0 net/netfilter/x_tables.c:850
  check_target net/ipv6/netfilter/ip6_tables.c:533 [inline]
  find_check_entry.isra.7+0x935/0xcf0 net/ipv6/netfilter/ip6_tables.c:575
  translate_table+0xf52/0x1690 net/ipv6/netfilter/ip6_tables.c:744
  do_replace net/ipv6/netfilter/ip6_tables.c:1160 [inline]
  do_ip6t_set_ctl+0x370/0x5f0 net/ipv6/netfilter/ip6_tables.c:1686
  nf_sockopt net/netfilter/nf_sockopt.c:106 [inline]
  nf_setsockopt+0x67/0xc0 net/netfilter/nf_sockopt.c:115
  ipv6_setsockopt+0x10b/0x130 net/ipv6/ipv6_sockglue.c:927
  udpv6_setsockopt+0x45/0x80 net/ipv6/udp.c:1422
  sock_common_setsockopt+0x95/0xd0 net/core/sock.c:2975
  SYSC_setsockopt net/socket.c:1849 [inline]
  SyS_setsockopt+0x189/0x360 net/socket.c:1828
  do_syscall_64+0x280/0x940 arch/x86/entry/common.c:287
  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x42/0xb7
RIP: 0033:0x4468a9
RSP: 002b:00007fe91311cda8 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000036
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 00000000006dbc24 RCX: 00000000004468a9
RDX: 0000000000000040 RSI: 0000000000000029 RDI: 00000000000002fb
RBP: 0000000000000000 R08: 0000000000000460 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000020103ba0 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 00000000006dbc20
R13: 4292e4cc04c17464 R14: 372e72b5132b6474 R15: 0000000000000001
Dumping ftrace buffer:
    (ftrace buffer empty)
Kernel Offset: disabled
Rebooting in 86400 seconds..

---
This bug is generated by a dumb bot. It may contain errors.
See https://goo.gl/tpsmEJ for details.
Direct all questions to [email-masked].

syzbot will keep track of this bug report.
If you forgot to add the Reported-by tag, once the fix for this bug is  
merged
into any tree, please reply to this email with:
#syz fix: exact-commit-title
If you want to test a patch for this bug, please reply with:
#syz test: git://repo/address.git branch
and provide the patch inline or as an attachment.
To mark this as a duplicate of another syzbot report, please reply with:
#syz dup: exact-subject-of-another-report
If it's a one-off invalid bug report, please reply with:
#syz invalid
Note: if the crash happens again, it will cause creation of a new bug  
report.
Note: all commands must start from beginning of the line in the email body.